A rental bond loan can help you cover the cost of your bond if you do not have the funds immediately available. Not sure where to find a lender? No stress – Monzi’s lender-finder service may be able to help you.
What is a rental bond loan?
A rental bond loan is a personal loan used to cover the cost of your bond. If the lender approves your application, your funds are quickly transferred to your account. Repayments are then made over the coming weeks or months.
In addition, personal loans can be used for most personal expenses. Therefore, your loan may help with the bond and rent in advance.
Can Centrelink pay for my bond?
There are certain State and Federal initiatives that may be able to help cover your rental bond. Generally, these loans are interest and fee-free.
In addition, you may be able to apply for a pre-approved bond loan. Bond loan pre-approval is for when you are considering renting in the near future but are yet to find a property.
To confirm your eligibility, or to find out how they work, head to your relevant State Government department’s website.
Can Monzi offer me a rental bond loan?
While we cannot offer you a bond loan ourselves, we do know a number of lenders that might be able to. Specifically, we’ll try to match you with a lender potentially offering personal loans of up to $10,000.
Applying is super simple and may only take a few minutes of your time. Moreover, you may receive an outcome within 60 minutes if you apply during normal business hours.
Interested? Just make sure you meet our eligibility criteria before applying:
- 18 years of age or older
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a personal bank account with online banking activated.
- Have a personal contact number and email address.
Can I get a bond loan for a private rental?
Absolutely! The personal loans available through Monzi’s panel of lenders are super flexible. In other words, once you have the money in your account, you’re essentially free to spend it as you wish.
Rental bond loan Australia-wide
Our 100% online business model lets us help consumers from any corner of Australia. Don’t believe us? Just check out a few examples of the loans past Monzi customers went on to be approved for:
|Small cash loan||$1,100||Broome, WA|
|Easy bond loan||$1,600||Dubbo, NSW|
|Rental bond loan for pensioners||$2,500||Katherine, NT|
Note: the above table is simply for demonstrative purposes. The terms and figures presented may not reflect the loan you’re potentially offered.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a loan in New South Wales, or on the Northern Territory, Monzi can try to help.
How do I apply with Monzi’s lender-finder service?
Applying on our website is super simple. There are instructions at each step and it may only take you minutes to complete it. Here’s how it all goes down:
- Scroll up to the loan slider at the top of the page.
- Use the loan slider to select your ideal loan amount and repayment terms.
- Click apply now once you’re happy with your selection.
- Our application now takes you to the submission form.
- Input all relevant information by following the instructions.
- Once your application is submitted, sit back and relax.
- Our system tries to pair your application with a potential lender.
- If we match you with a lender, we’ll let you know.
- The lender assesses your application.
- The lender sends through a digital loan contract if you’re approved.
How do I read my loan agreement?
Your loan agreement is the legal contract sent by your lender. In short, it details all the terms and conditions of your loan, as well as the rates, fees and charges you’re expected to pay.
Lenders send through a digital loan contract if they can make you an offer. It is essential you read through your contract carefully and make sure you understand all the details of your loan before you approve the contract.
In particular, make sure you understand the following:
- Amount. Lenders may not always be able to offer the exact amount you applied for on our site. If not, confirm you are happy with their adjusted offer.
- Term. Your repayment term is the amount of time you’re given to settle your loan. The longer the loan term, the lower your repayments will be but you will pay more in overall interest. On the other hand, a short repayment term will save you in overall interest paid, but your regular payments will be higher.
- Interest. What rate does your loan carry?
- Fees & other charges. Confirm what upfront fees, as well as ongoing fees, are attached to your loan. In addition, confirm what happens if you miss a payment.
Get in contact with your lender if there is anything in your contract that you do not understand.
What credit score do I need for a rental bond loan?
Your credit score is only one aspect of your application. As a result, personal loans require no minimum credit score.
Put simply, your credit rating is only one piece of the puzzle. Lenders consider a range of factors when assessing your application, including:
- repayment history.
As you can see, there is no guarantee two applicants with identical credit scores will be offered the same loan. In other words, lenders may decline your application for reasons outside your credit score.
Can I get a rental bond loan with no credit check?
During the assessment process, lenders may access your information from a credit-reporting bureau. Lenders use the information in your credit report to help them determine whether or not to extend you credit.
Performing a credit check is, ultimately, at the discretion of the lender. Moreover, Monzi has no control over the assessment of applications nor which lender you may pair with. As a result, there is no guarantee that you will be offered a loan without a credit check.
If you wish to avoid one at all costs, Monzi’s lender-finder service may not be your best option. After all, we cannot guarantee whether or not the lender will access your information from a credit-reporting agency.
How do I repay my rental bond loan?
Repaying your loan is made simple through Monzi’s panel of lenders. Specifically, a direct debit is usually set up from your account. From there, repayments are automatically deducted on an agreed-upon schedule.
Set your direct debit up with your regular pay cycle. After all, your repayments are automatically taken out until your loan settles.
Finally, you may be able to choose between weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments, depending on the lender.
Can I get a rental bond loan for pensioners?
Lenders may consider you for approval if you receive a pension payment from Centrelink. This includes both the Age Pension and the Disability Support Pension. However, you should consider all other options potentially available to you.
In short, borrowing small amounts of money can be expensive. Moreover, you may not solve your financial problems.
If you receive Centrelink benefits, you may be eligible for an advance payment; head to their website for more information. Alternatively, you may be eligible for micro loans for Centrelink customers from various community initiatives.
For more information, head to the MoneySmart article on payday loans. MoneySmart explains how small amount credit contracts work and explores what alternative options to payday loans Australia may be available.
How long does it take to be approved for a bond loan?
Outcome times will vary between every application. Certain lenders may be able to assess your loan quicker than others. In addition, there is a number of variables that can affect outcome times.
- When you apply. The time of day you apply will affect how quickly you receive an outcome. Just like any business, lenders have their own operating hours. Obviously, you stand the best chance of a quick outcome if you apply during these hours. Applying outside of normal hours and over the weekend will result in delays.
- Your application. The nature of your application may also affect outcome times. After all, no two applications are the same.
- Information. Aim to provide all relevant information when you first apply. Lenders may need to pause the assessment of your application if they need to chase up extra information.
Generally, however, you may be able to expect an outcome within 60 minutes of applying.
What happens if I can’t repay my loan?
Get in touch with your lender if you feel like you’re unable to afford an upcoming repayment. Generally, if you provide enough notice, your lender may be able to cancel or reschedule your repayment for a contractual fee.
If your financial situation changes dramatically, however, you may need to apply for hardship. You must provide evidence of hardship when you apply; this can include:
- separation certificate from employer
- medical certificate from a doctor
- bank statements showing reduction in income
- payslips showing a reduction in pay.
Your lender’s hardship team will assess your application and may offer a restructured loan if you’re approved.
I need help!
While our lender-finder service is super easy to use, we realise that it may not be such plain sailing for everybody. Therefore, if you need a hand with any stage of the application, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can be sure you’ll always chat with a living, breathing Aussie – just like yourself. Moreover, we’re happy to help, no matter what your question is. Just remember, we may not be able to reply immediately if you contact us outside of our normal business hours. Despite this, we’ll always do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
In addition, please be aware that Monzi cannot speak on behalf of the individual lenders in our network, as they are separate entities. Therefore, direct any specific questions to the lender themselves.
Ready to apply?
Scroll up to the loan slider to begin. Applications, after all, happen online. From rental bond loans to rent arrears loans, apply with Monzi today.
Looking to find your dream location? Monzi explores finding the best place to live in Australia.