Pool finance could be your ticket to enjoying the upcoming summer. With loans potentially available up to $10,000, Monzi might be your one-stop-shop for lenders.
Monzi is a lender-finding service. We do not offer financial advice. Consider seeking independent legal, financial, taxation or other advice to check how the information and ideas presented on this website relate to your unique circumstances.
What is pool finance?
It will come as no surprise that pool finance simply refers to personal loans used to finance pool installation. Moreover, you can use these loans to cover pool maintenance or repairs.
Monzi, in particular, works with a bunch of lenders offering personal loans. Apply with Monzi and you might be eligible for personal loans from $300 to $10,000. Certain consumers may be eligible for larger loans of up to $30,000.
Is a pool with the investment?
Wondering if it’s worth getting a pool? We think that’s a pretty solid place to start.
Pools are usually a fantastic addition to your backyard – especially during the Australian summer. Moreover, installing a pool may go a long way to increase the value of your property.
Ultimately, we think you should ask yourself this question while you cool off in your new pool with a cocktail in hand. We have a feeling your answer will be a resounding yes!
Can I get a loan for a swimming pool?
Absolutely! More specifically, you can apply for a cash loan from $300 to $10,000. This money can be used to pay for installation, materials, or even maintenance for an existing pool.
Monzi works with lenders potentially able to offer the following:
- Small unsecured loans from $300 to $2,000
- Medium secured loans of $2,100 to $4,600
- Large secured loans of $5,000 to $10,000.
Please note, you will need an asset of adequate value for secured loans. Lenders are generally able to consider the assets listed below.
How much does swimming pool finance cost?
Lenders may all vary in what they charge for swimming pool loans. As a result, Monzi cannot provide an answer to this question.
Generally, however, the total cost of your loan will be made up of:
- the principal amount;
- rates and fees;
- any additional fees if applicable.
Please note, the loan slider on our site will give rough examples of what the repayments may look like. These are rough examples and may not reflect the total cost of your loan. As such, consumers should not see the loan slider as a swimming pool finance calculator.
What credit score is needed for a pool loan?
In general, there is no minimum credit score required for a pool loan. This is simply because credit scores are only one criterion that lenders consider. Moreover, each application is assessed on a case by case basis. So, your access to easy approval loans will depend on your financial situation.
Still confused? Don’t stress – we’ll explain it all.
Consider first consumer A. Consumer A had a few troubles with credit card debts a few years ago and, as a result, has a pretty tarnished credit score. She is, however, approved for her loans application because:
- she has great recent history paying back other lenders; and
- the asset she uses as security is of an adequate value.
Now consider consumer B. Consumer B has a much better credit score than consumer A; however, their application is declined due to poor banking habits.
As you can see, your credit score is only one piece of the puzzle. Each application is truly assessed on a case-by-case basis. Lenders will look at the whole picture when assessing loans.
Can Monzi help?
We will always do our best to pair you with lenders offering the swimming pool loans you’re after.
Confirm you meet our eligibility criteria before applying:
- 18 years or older
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a contact number and email address
- Have at least 90 days of recent banking history on a personal bank account.
You’re ready to apply if you meet all the above criteria. Moreover, you can apply in a few simple steps.
- Select the amount you wish to apply for on our website and fill in some important details.
- Wait to match with a potential lender.
- If you’re matched with a lender, they first assess your application and will get in touch if they can make an offer.
Swimming pool finance options Australia wide
Australian summers are famous world over for their intensity. Therefore, it’s no surprise that people from all over the country are considering installing a pool.
Luckily, Monzi’s 100% online lender-finder lets us help people from across the country access instant cash loans in Australia. No matter where you’re applying from, we will do our best to try and help.
|Swimming pool finance Australia||Approved amount|
|Pool finance Brisbane||$5,000|
|Sydney pool loans||$8,000|
Be aware that the above table simply contains examples of loan products. If you’re offered a loan it may not reflect what is presented above.
Consider the following before applying
So you’re thinking of installing a pool? We don’t blame you.
You should, however, consider the following before applying for finance.
- Financial situation. Are you in a financial position to afford all your usual expenses plus your additional repayments?
- Loan cost. Do you understand what all the fees and charges entail? Moreover, do you know what happens if you miss a payment?
- Information. Make sure what information you need to provide when applying. In particular, remember to include the details of the vehicle you wish to use as security.
- Loan reason. Is the reason for your loan justifiable? Remember, you’ll need to spend the next coming months repaying your loan.
- Loan features. Do you know if your loan comes with a fixed or variable interest rate? In addition, will you be charged for making early repayments?
What kind of pool should I get?
Your choice of pool design will be dictated by your taste as well as price. In general, pools come in two forms – above ground and inground.
The difference between the two is self-explanatory; one sits above the ground while the other is dug out of the ground.
We will, however, explore this in-depth below.
Above ground pool installation
Above ground pools present an economic option. Not only can these pools be installed quickly but they are also generally cheaper than inground pools.
As the name suggests, these pools sit above the ground. As a result, installation usually only requires levelling the ground and filling the frame with water.
Above ground pools may be an option worth considering if you’re looking for an easy option.
The below list outlines a few of the main benefits of an above ground pool:
- Better-suited to limited space
- Hassle-free installation
- Generally a more economical option
- Often requires less maintenance
- Much less permanent option.
When you think of kids splashing around in a quintessential Aussie backyard, you’re probably picturing an inground pool.
Inground pools are a much more permanent installation than above ground. After all, you need first to excavate an adequately sized hole in your backyard. As a result, inground pools are more costly.
In addition, consider what kind of inground pool you want. Other than the shape and design of your new pool, think about which materials you wish to use. The below list outlines the most common pool-building materials.
- Concrete with plaster. The most common materials for inground pools. Concrete is incredibly sturdy and allows the plaster shell to hold water and remain stable.
- Fibreglass. Fibreglass pool shells come pre-made. While they may lack the level of customisation, they do make installing the pool straightforward.
- Vinyl. First built with a metal or plastic frame and then set into position.
How to finance a pool with no equity?
If you are unable to refinance your mortgage, you may consider looking elsewhere for loans. Luckily, you aren’t out of options. In fact, you’re looking at a potential option right now.
While Monzi does not offer loans, we may be able to point you in the direction of a quality lender who may offer the online loans you need. Moreover, lenders may be able to offer up to $10,000. If, however, you are looking for something larger, you can apply for up to $30,000.
Can I avoid a credit check?
Monzi has no control over the assessment of your application. Therefore, a credit assessment will be at the discretion of the individual lender. Moreover, as Monzi cannot guarantee which lender you may pair with, we cannot guarantee that you’ll be offered an instant loan online with no credit check.
Despite this, the lenders Monzi associates with live firmly in the real world. In other words, they understand that nobody is perfect. In short, blemishes on your credit report are not the whole picture.
Even if lenders do perform a credit check, they will also take into consideration your:
- spending habits; and
- repayment history.
Why do I need security?
You will generally need to use an asset as security against loans of $2,000 or more. This is because security acts as a guarantee you will pay your loan back in time. If you fail to, the lender can repossess your asset.
Lenders require security because it reduces their level of risk. Generally, lenders can accept the following assets as security:
What happens if I can’t pay my secured loan off?
Lenders may begin the repossession process if you default on your secured loan.
Repossession is the process by which the lender sells the asset you used as security to recover their losses. Despite this, Australian Law protects consumers during repossession.
For example, lenders can only begin the repossession process if you:
- Are behind on repayments;
- Have been provided with a 30 day default notice; and
- Failed to pay the overdue amount or reach an agreement.
Bear in mind, if the lender sells your asset and there is still an amount owing on the loan, you will still need to repay the overdue amount.
What are the repayment terms for pool finance?
How long is a loan for a pool? Well, there are a number of variables that affect your loan term.
We work with a wide network of different credit providers. Ultimately, repayment terms will depend on the amount you apply for as well as the lender’s own policies.
The below list, however, gives a rough idea of what your repayment terms may be offered on short term loans.
- $300 – $2,000: up to 12 months
- $2,100 – $4,600: 13 to 24 months
- $5,000 – $10,000: 13 to 24 months.
As we mentioned above, your lender determines your repayment terms.
Keep in mind, lenders send through digital loan contracts if they can make an offer. Moreover, the repayment terms will be included in the contract. As a result, it is important you read through your contract carefully before agreeing to anything.
If you are unhappy with the repayment term offered to you, you are under no obligation to sign the contract.
Why use Monzi for pool finance?
There is a heap of different reasons why you should use Monzi’s lender-finder service. Not convinced? Let’s show you:
- Apply in minutes. Our website is super easy to use. Moreover, our system can digitally access a lot of the information we need. As a result, applying takes only a few minutes and is paperwork free!
- We work fast. Once you submit your application we’ll get to work as quickly as possible. Apply during normal business hours and you may receive an outcome within 60 minutes.
- Responsible and reputable. Every lender within our network holds a valid Australian credit licence. Moreover, you can be sure lenders take their responsible lending obligations seriously.
- Easy repayments. Repayments are often made through a direct debit set up by the lender. So, your repayments will automatically be deducted until you settle your loan.
- Variety. We work with a wide network of lenders, offering a wide range of loans. Whether you’re looking for small unsecured loans of $300 or secured loans of $10,000, we can try to help.
Need a hand?
Is there anything you’ve read but do not understand? Don’t suffer in silence.
Be aware, we are very limited in how much we can speak on behalf of other lenders. Please direct any lender-specific questions to the relevant individual lender.
Want more Monzi?
Did you enjoy our guide to financing your new pool? Excellent – there’s a heap of other helpful Monzi guides. Check them out here:
- Novated lease vs. car loan
- Bond loan QLD
- Rental bond loans in New South Wales
- Guarantor loans
- Personal loan brokers
- Laptop financing
Ready to apply?
Let’s get going!